Why are you no longer supporting this unit?
We introduced the Automatic Classic app and device back in 2013. There have been many advances in technology since then, especially in mobile phones. While we have loved this device and enjoyed creating it, it's time to say goodbye. We are putting our energy and resources into building new and better products.
We strive to provide our customers with a great service and product. We can no longer support this product going forward.
What will happen to my data when the Automatic Classic app no longer works?
Your data is safely and securely stored on our servers as long as you still have your account. You can access it at anytime with your login credentials. You can also access your data by logging into our Web Dashboard. https://dashboard.automatic.com/
If you want to delete your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I delete my data?
We would be happy to assist with this. Our policy is to delete the entire account, not just the data. You can email our Customer Care team at: email@example.com.
How do I transfer my data to the new adapter if I choose to upgrade?
When you upgrade to our new device your data will be available by following these steps:
- Download the new Automatic CCA app
- Log in with your existing account information
- Tap on Add New Adapter
- Follow the in-app instructions to setup your vehicle
One of the changes with our new product is that it does not beep at all. It normally takes about 3 or 4 drives and about 30 minutes of total drive time for the trips to show in the app.
Why should I buy the new CCA adapter?
The new CCA adapter has built in LTE connectivity.
- Crash Alert: Detects when a serious collision occurs and enables responders to contact the driver, send emergency services, and contact a driver’s emergency contacts.
- Maintenance Reminders: Get alerts if your vehicle has an open Recall or when major maintenance is due.
- Real-time vehicle location monitoring and sharing: Shows where car is parked in a crowded lot or street, and can keep a driver connected with family while out on the road.
- Engine light diagnostics and vehicle performance monitoring: Gain insights on vehicle performance and identify issues when check engine light is on.
- Integration with smart home devices: Open garage door, adjust thermostat, turn on house lights, and more, on your way to or from home.
How much does the service cost?
Our Premium Service is Free for 6 months, after that it’s $5 per month. If you are interested in a yearly plan you can save $10 and pay $50 for 1 year. The Select Service is Free for 3 years, but it doesn't include many of the Premium features. For a comparison between the 2 subscriptions, visit automatic.com.
What Happens after 3 Years of Free Service?
We will communicate plan information and feature updates with emails and app notifications, and while we don’t plan on charging a service fee after the 3 years we reserve the right to make changes if we need to.
Is my car supported?
Automatic does not support the following types of vehicles: electric (EV), plug-in hybrids (PHEV), medium, heavy, or super heavy vehicles including: RVs and motorhomes, incomplete chassis vehicles, heavy duty vehicles that are class 4 and above, exotic vehicles (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.), and cars not manufactured for sale in the United States.