For vehicles that are 2008 and newer, moving your Automatic CCA device to a new vehicle is as simple as unplugging the device from the original vehicle and plugging it into the new one.
If you are moving the CCA adapter to a vehicle that is pre-2008, please follow these steps.
- Make sure you have a good cellular connection (preferable outside of garages)
- Open the Automatic CCA app
- Log into your account
- Go to the Home Screen (tap on the 3 lines icon in the top left corner of the screen)
- Tap on “Add an Adapter” and enter the 8 digit PIN number - even if it is already there
- Enter the required information the next few screens - Personal and Vehicle information
- If 1996-2007 enter Yr/Make/Model - enter VIN on the next screen
- Plug in your adapter when directed
- It takes about 10 minutes for the adapter to update and be ready to send and receive information. No need to do anything now
- Drive normally for the rest of the day. Trips will begin uploading within 23 hours.
If you need to remove a car from your account, please refer to this article.