There are a number of reasons why you may be getting this message, despite your phone having signal.
- Your phone is on a different network—we use AT&T and T-Mobile
- Automatic Pro uses 3G, not LTE, which may not be as strong in some areas
- The antenna in the adapter isn't as sensitive as the one in your phone
- The placement of the adapter in your car provides more shielding than where your phone generally is
- Just like your phone, the adapter can sometimes temporarily lose signal
For this reason, we designed the adapter to store up to 8 hours of drive data from the past 28 days when it doesn't connect. Any trips taken during that time will show up in your account once you reconnect.
On occasion, you may need to unplug the adapter and plug it back in for it to reconnect. Think of this as restarting your phone when it can't connect to the network.
You can check for cellular coverage in your area on the OpenSignal coverage map.